Internships provide a range of benefits to both companies and emerging creatives.
Giving a student or graduate the opportunity to join a professional team allows them to practice their skills in a real-world environment while identifying the type of clients and employer they would like to work for in the future.
Welcoming a young professional into your business can:
• Expand your team’s management and interpersonal skills
• Gain a fresh perspective on regular client briefs
• Broaden the skill-sets that your company can offer
• Help you find your next junior/future senior employee
• Ensure your team reflects the markets you are designing for
• If a company does not pay their interns – not only are they breaking UK employment law – but they are massively reducing the talent pool of candidates who can afford to apply for that position in the first place.
At Tern Heads, we believe that internships and jobs should go to the most talented and driven people who are the best fit for that company – not just those who happen to have the benefit of financial help from their wider family.
The old excuse of “Well I had to work for free so they should too” just fuels the exploitation of our young professionals and no longer has a place in our society.
Remember the company or individual who helped you get on the career ladder? Why not pay it forward today?
There are many ways you can help via the Tern Heads platform. Here are the main 5:
1) Offer portfolio or CV advice to individual portfolio owners by clicking the message icon on their profile
2) Start or contribute to a conversation in one of our forum boards
3) Apply to Uni ad requests for professional collaborators via our Opportunities page
4) Contact Sam@ternheads.com about guest blogging, taking part in a live stream or pre-recorded video interview, collaborating on a piece of content about a specific topic or sharing your employment journey experience.
We do not want our members to upload projects and then abandon them. We encourage all our users to interact with each other, support each other and constantly work on their own self-promotion and professional growth in order to find their dream careers.
Tern Heads is a self-service recruitment platform, therefore you get out what you put in.
The fees are there to ensure that all student and graduate portfolios are kept up to date and to check that all members are still looking for experience or junior roles in the industry at the end of each year.
Tern Heads provides employability training for all our members. It helps them to maximise the collateral that they have, improve it, and present it in the best way possible in order to secure a job or internship opportunity.
If you need to report any incidents of abuse or inappropriate content then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sure! All you have to do is register for a free or paid membership account and click the ‘Place an Ad’ tab in the side menu of your dashboard.
If you want to advertsie elsewhere around the site or collaborate in a different way, please contact email@example.com.
Tern Heads can provide your students with an exclusive space to showcase their work, grow their self-promotion and presentation skills, and access advice from industry professionals across a broad spectrum of experience levels and sectors.
We want our content to be as relatable and engaging as possible, therefore we don’t just interview CEO’s and seniors. We seek out individuals who have just finished their first internship or are one year into their first junior role.
We know how hard it can be to engage potential employers who are not local to your university or organisation. Therefore we are embracing the digital leap brought on by COVID, and encouraging more industry professionals to widen their scope and give something back to the fresh wave of talent who study and graduate every year.
meet our content partners
writing • zooming • advising